- This event has passed.
REC SESSION: Podcasting 101 — How to Create a Podcast w/ Kevin Chemidlin
May 15 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$10
RECSESSIONS: These are our educational workshops (held at the #RECRoom) focused on providing Independent Creators with the strategies they need to work smarter, not harder. These workshops occur twice a month, with topics reflecting our monthly theme. The theme for this month’s programming is Create More. For the month of May our programming will focus will be on providing education workshops and experiences that are geared towards strengthening our creative skill sets.
May’s first REC Session will focus on Podcasting 101. Join the Creator, Host, and Producer of the Philly Who? Podcast, Kevin Chemidlin, as he lays out everything an independent creator needs to know to get a quality podcast off the ground. Philly Who? was launched in May 2018. In one year, the hour long podcast amassed over 35,000 listens.
This REC SESSION will cover:
– How to develop a unique show concept that you will be passionate about
– Achieving professional audio quality without breaking the bank
– The do’s and don’ts of being a great host
– How to get and interview guests above your weight class
– How podcast feeds work with streaming platforms
– Ways to grow and engage your audience
– How to leverage social media to promote your episodes